HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, EAST END (EVENT ZONE B), WEDNESDAY 11, THURSDAY 12 AND FRIDAY 13, 1PM-8PM
Meet some of the people of Sunderland who lived in this area over the last 300 years but watch out for pirates, highwaymen, magicians and quack doctors who will be entertaining the crowds!
- Be entertained by Georgian music, dance, acrobats and magicians.
- Have a go traditional Georgian games and barrel rolling – how fast can you roll the barrel?!
- Try on traditional Georgian costumes and find out how to dress a Georgian lady.
- Experience Georgian style punishment by having a go in our replica stocks.
- Hear about the curious story of Peter the Wild Boy.
- Find out about the many lovers of the King of Bling.
- Talks, lectures and activities – hear about shipbuilding in 18th century Sunderland.
- Meet the Georgian farmer and her livestock.
- Try some speciality pies – what could be inside?
- Have a professional silhouette made as a keepsake of the day.
- Watch a traditional punch and judy show
- And lots more!