Saturday is the last day of our event and features the spectacular Parade of Sail. Ships will be leaving their berths from 1.30pm and heading out of the river and up the coast, before turning and heading out to sea to start the race.
We're expecting a lovely sunny day, so please come prepared with water, sun cream and comfortable walking shoes.
Event zones in the Port, Town Moor and East End are open 10am-6pm and St Peter's is open from 10am-9pm. There will be no open public access on any ships tomorrow, as they are preparing to depart. Access is permitted for pre-booked day sails.
For one year only, Sunderland festival Summer Streets is moving to Recreation Park at Seaburn, from 12-8.30pm. See more of what's on on Saturday here
How to get here:
Park and ride buses are operating from five sites. Please note that no park and ride buses are travelling to Zones A and B on Saturday.
Tickets cost £4 per person. Children aged 4 and under travel free of charge. If you live within walking distance of a park and ride site, you can walk there and use the buses for the same price.
- Fulwell Quarry - Post code: SR5 1JT - Drop off at Event Zone D (Seafront) on Saturday
- Deptford Terrace - Post code: SR4 6DF - Drop off at Event Zone C (St Peter's Riverside) on Saturday.
- Downhill - Post code: SR5 4BB - Drop off at Event Zone D (Seafront) on Saturday
- Herrington Country Park -Post code: : DH4 7EL - Drop off at Event Zone C (St Peter's Way) on Saturday
- Stadium of Light Hay Street - Post code: SR5 1BG . Drop off at Event Zone D (Seafront)
Park and Walk is operating from Seaburn Camp - Post code: SR6 8AA. This is a 5 minute walk to the event site, and the cost is £20 per car.
The shuttle bus will be running between event zones B, C and D (Bungalow Café) Cost is £2 per person.
For information on how to get here on public transport, see here The nearest Metro station to the seafront is Seaburn.
All Sunderland City Council car parks will be open as normal. The A183 from Bungalow Café to Morrisons will be closed from 8am in the morning until 10pm. Residential streets close to the seafront will also be closed with resident access only.